The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (due to come into force on 25th May 2018) requires organisations to be clear and concise about personal information which they hold on customers/ members, staff and contractors, how they manage this and what is done with it.
You can request to see your own personal data The Key Health Club (hereafter referred to as ‘The Club’) have on record at any time, ask us to change any previous consents you provided and ask us to delete any information we have about you which is not required for the fundamental delivery of the service provided to you. This includes deleting all your personal data we hold on you once you have finished using the service you have paid for.
There are 6 essential questions which The Club needs to be able to answer about you as a Member:
1) What information do we collect (and record) from you?
– Address and Postcode
– Email address
– Mobile Phone Number
– Date of Birth
– Photograph for indentification purposes only
– Answers to health questionnaire
– If paying by Direct Debit; your bank account number and sort code
We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club.
If a child (under the age of 16 years) joins The Club we will record their name and date of birth only.
2) Why do we collect this information?
– Name To identify you
– Address and Postcode In case we need to contact you by letter, the postcode also allows us to understand the geographic profile of The Clubs membership and improve our service accordingly
– Email address To send our newsletter, contact you if a class you have booked into is cancelled
– Mobile/Home Phone Number To contact you if a class you have booked into is cancelled or if there is an issue regarding membership
– Date of Birth This is required to access the Class Bookings application and allows us to understand the demographic profile of The Clubs membership and improve our service accordingly
– Photograph For visual identification whilst on the premises
– Answers to health questionnaire To provide correct and appropriate fitness and health advice especially if you have certain conditions
– If paying by Direct Debit Your bank account number and sort code are required to take your monthly membership fee
3) Who might we share this information with?
We do not share your personal information/identification photograph with any other individual or organisation unless:
– You are paying for membership via a direct debit; in this case your information is provided to our direct debit provider Debit Finance Collections Ltd (DFC)
– To comply with any legal requirement, applicable law or enforceable Government request
– To detect, prevent or otherwise address any issues relating to fraud or security
– To protect other Members, customers and staff of The Club from harm or abuse as permitted by law
4) What do we do with your information?
We use your personal information for 5 essential reasons:
– To identify you when you are using The Club facilities
– To inform you of any changes to The Club, the services it offers or the way we offer those services. Examples may include a monthly newsletter, cancellation of a class, changes to Terms and Conditions, altered Opening and Closing Times, facilities which have become unusable for a period of time. This list is not exhaustive
– To take payment for the services offered at The Club
– To improve the services and experience offered by The Club
– To inform you of promotions, events and activities occurring at The Club
5) How long do we keep hold of your information?
– For as long as you are a Member at The Club and a period of up to 5 years after or as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations
6) How can you access the information The Club holds about you?
We are a small company and access to your data is unfortunately not available ‘online’. However, you can request to view, amend and delete your data by asking a member of staff and arranging a date and
time suitable to you during The Clubs’ standard opening hours. Please be aware some data is essential to provide the services The Club offers and deleting certain data may prevent you from using these
The information may be held in one or more of the following places: on ‘paper’ (held within The Clubs office), ClubManager (our membership portal), Data Retrieval (Debit Finance Collections online portal).
We have procedural polices in place including Data Protection and Information Security to optimise the security of your data. The portals are password protected. Transmission of any financial data meets the necessary PCI-DSS compliance requirements. The Office is locked when no member of staff is physically present in the room.
7) Other sources of information used within The Club
We use CCTV in The Club for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around The Club please contact us.