Terms and Conditions for The Key Health Club Ltd
Terms and Conditions for The Key Health Club Ltd
All those wishing to attend The Key Health Club must agree to the terms and conditions set out below. In the unlikely event of failing to abide to the said terms and conditions, a member may be requested to discontinue their membership with the club. In this instance The Key Health Club will be under no obligation to provide a refund for any remaining membership fees.
Changes to Our Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make amendments to our Terms and Conditions at any time to reflect changes in our business or statutory obligations. The new version will be posted on our website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If applicable these changes will be communicated to all our customers by email. If you use our website after the new Terms and Conditions have come into effect this indicates your agreement to be bound by them.
Behaviour and Responsibilities
- Customers are expected to behave in a civilised manner towards the club members of staff and any members or visitors who are using the same facilities, and are expected to refrain from using foul language at all times
- The Key Health Club may, at its own discretion, refuse entry to a member if it is felt that the member’s behaviour is unacceptable
- All children (under 16 years) attending the club must be accompanied by an adult member at all times and members are responsible for the child in their care at all times
- Food is strictly forbidden in the changing rooms, gym and pool hall. Smoking is strictly forbidden within any part of the building
Swimming Pool Rules – Children
- We operate a strict ‘double nappy’ policy for those children not yet fully toilet trained. An approved snug-fitting neoprene swim nappy (such as a neoprene swim nappy with snug fitting cuffs at the waist and legs) must be worn with a swim under-nappy (either a disposable paper swim nappy or a reusable cotton swim nappy with a disposable liner underneath). Children are welcome to wear swimming costumes, swim trunks, baby wetsuits and other similar garments but must still wear the ‘double nappy’ underneath if not fully toilet trained. The Key Health Club reserves the right to refuse entry to any child who is not suitably dressed.
- Please take all your used nappies away with you unless a clearly marked nappy bin has been provided.
- Please do not run or allow your child to run on the pool side
- Children aged 4 and under require 1 to 1 parental supervision in the water
- Children aged 5-14yrs require 1 parent per 2 children for supervision in the water
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the Jacuzzi or Sauna at any time
- Running, jumping, diving or unruly behaviour is prohibited and the use of snorkels, flippers and beach balls is also prohibited unless for training purposes.
Swimming Pool Rules – All Swimmers
- All swimmers must remove loose fitting or sharp jewellery before swimming. Hoop earrings are not permitted. All plasters and hair clips must be removed before swimming due to the risk of them falling off in the water and damaging the pool filters.
- Strictly no outdoor footwear poolside – shoes must be removed or blue overshoes worn.
- No glass or food shall be taken into the pool area at any time.
- Please shower before entering the pool and remove all makeup and body lotion etc. as these significantly deteriorate the quality of the pool water.
- Please ensure you towel dry before re-entering the changing rooms.
- You must not swim if suffering from any illness such as an ear infection, chicken pox, impetigo, conjunctivitis or a bad cold. We have been advised that you should not enter the pool for 48 hours after sickness and 2 weeks after suffering from diarrhoea. For any other illness and to avoid any doubt please wait until your doctor has given the all-clear before returning to the pool.
- Please be courteous to other users. We do not recommend swimming when you are the only person in the pool. The swimming pool is not monitored by lifeguards.
- Entry and exit to the pool and spas must be via the steps only.
- If you use any piece of equipment supplied by us, you must be competent in its use and have received instruction by a member of our staff as to its safe use
- All new members will have to undertake a gym induction before they can use the facilities.
- A parent/guardian is responsible for any members aged 14-15 years old and agrees to the member using the facilities in a responsible manner and to abide by the club rules and regulations.
- It is compulsory for members aged 14-15 years old to have an induction. This and any future one-to-one sessions; including PT sessions must also be attended by the parent or guardian.
Photography and videos
- The taking of photographs and videos is strictly forbidden within all areas of The Key Health Club
Lost property and valuables
- All property left within The Key Health Club building or grounds are left at your own risk. The club will not accept any liability for articles lost, damaged or stolen. Please make sure you have all your belongings with you before leaving.
- Lost property will be kept for a period of 3 weeks if found by a club team member. If not claimed, it will be disposed of accordingly. Unfortunately, if an item is not found by a team member we cannot be held liable.
Class Booking Terms and Conditions
- All group exercises classes can be booked online. Booking is based on a “first come, first served” basis. There are no preferential booking windows for specific membership types.
- As a service standard we recommend that you book online to guarantee your place in the class. Members who choose not to book in advance do so at their own risk.
- Advance bookings can be made 7 days in advance. All bookings will open at 8:00am.
- Classes cannot be booked for more than one person.
- If booked on line Members will receive an automated confirmation email of successful booking. We advise that this is retained.
- If the member has not booked they must sign in at reception so we know they are attending the class.
- Advance booking online can be made via the secure online member’s area on The Key Health club website. You can log in to the members area at www.thekeyhealthclub.co.uk
- If a member does not have the ability to book a class online then they may book in person at the club or by telephone.
- In the unlikely event of ‘last minute’ class change or a class cancellation by us, you will be notified by us, by text message to your mobile phone, with as much notice as possible if you have supplied us with a mobile phone number. The Key Health Club will not reimburse any expenses caused by a customer failing to pick up their message.
Joining and Membership of the Club
- To become a member of The Key Health Club you will be required to complete a Membership Application from.
- By signing the Membership Application you are agreeing to become a member of The Key Health Club and be bound by Its Terms and conditions.
- You will pay your membership fees in accordance with the payment option selected by you on the Membership Application
- If you have elected to pay monthly by Direct Debit and the first direct debit due date is different than the membership valid from date, you will be required to make a pro rata initial payment in respect to the first month of your membership as specified on the membership application
- If your monthly payment is cancelled or becomes overdue, we will refuse entry to our facilities
- Unless otherwise provided for in these Terms, we do not offer refunds for non-usage of club facilities or for the temporary closure of any facility from time to time due to required maintenance.
- Revising the price of your membership fee: we will give you at least 10 working days’ notice of any change in membership fees applicable to you as per the Direct Debit Mandate guarantee. Any change to the price of gym membership will not affect the price you pay until the end of your 12 month membership period.
- You may cancel your membership by giving us at least one full calendar months’ notice to cancel your membership to take effect at the end of a calendar month. During the first 12 month membership period the cancellation of your membership cannot take effect earlier than the end of the 12th month for a 12 month contract
- Requests to cancel your membership should be made in person at the club.
- Once your membership is in place you will receive written confirmation of what you have agreed to and you will be provided with details of relevant class and pool information, opening hours etc.
Refund Policy – Shop (excludes any consumable items)
- If you find a product to be faulty within 30 calendar days of purchasing it please return it and we will provide a replacement or full refund, whichever is your preferred option. If you find a product to be faulty after 30 calendar days but within 6 months of purchasing it we are entitled to repair or replace it before offering a refund.
- If you change your mind for any reason please return the goods to the club shop within 28 calendar days starting with the day after purchase. We will be very happy to offer a refund as long as you return the goods to us in reasonable, un-used condition with packaging and swing tickets attached or included.
Data Protection and Online Security
- In order to become a member of The Key Health Club you must register your details (and those of your child/children with us if applicable). These will include your real name, mobile and landline phone numbers, email address, home address, and emergency contact details.
- Please be assured that we will not share this data with any other third party other than those required to process your booking or where we are legally required to do so e.g. to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- By providing us with an email address you are agreeing to receive communication from us by email. You can choose to unsubscribe to marketing emails at any time.
We hope you will be delighted with our club but if you are at all unhappy please follow the following complaints procedure:
- Speak to the team member on duty or telephone the club and a team member will try to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. If the response is not satisfactory a written complaint should be submitted for the attention of The Owner, The Key Health Club Ltd, Bunny Lane, Keyworth, Nottinghamshire, NG12 5JU.
- Please note that our business is governed by English law. If any dispute was to arise it would be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Please note that The Key Health Club Ltd is a limited company registered no 10762825.
You use our facilities, appliances and services entirely at your own risk and we have no liability to you for any loss, injury or damage sustained or incurred by you or your property, unless due to negligence or fraud by us or our staff.
If you engage in club activities or make use of our facilities you are responsible for ensuring that you are properly equipped and that your state of health and physical condition is such as not to involve any risk to you or any other person making use of our club.
If you use any piece of equipment supplied by us, you must be competent in its use or have received instruction by a member of our staff as to its safe use.
A parent/guardian is responsible for any members aged 14-16 years old and agrees to the member using the facilities in a responsible manner and to abide by the club rules and regulations. It is compulsory for members aged 14-15 years old to have an induction. This and any future one-to-one sessions; including PT sessions must also be attended by the parent or guardian.
Direct Debit Mandate Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society. If the amounts to be paid or payment dates change The Key Health Club will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If an error is made by The Key Health Club or your Bank or Building Society you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us. Please note only UK bank accounts are acceptable for Direct Debit payments.
The material made available in The Key Health Club website, including materials in linked sites directly or indirectly accessible from this site, are provided ‘as is’, with no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Any reference to linked sites or to third party companies, products or services by name does not constitute or infer its endorsement by The Key Health Club.
The Key Health Club has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure that information provided through this website is accurate at the time of inclusion, however it accepts no liability for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the site. The information available on the site may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate.
The club reserves the right at any time and without prior notice to make changes and corrections to the material on the site. The Key Health Club accepts no liability for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused by the use or the inability to use the materials available in this site or any linked site. The club has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the Intellectual Property of third parties is not infringed. If however, you genuinely believe that the material on this site infringes any Intellectual Property rights, please contact The Key Health Club directly. All images displayed on this website are under the ownership of the photographer concerned. Agreement to display the photographs has been reached and they are not available to be copied.